If you love turkey sandwiches, but are stuck in a boring recipe rut, consider making these scrumptious sandwiches. Spicy pepper turkey is layered with walnuts and spinach. Both a bruschetta topping and mayonnaise are slathered on the bread. Feel free to get creative with the recipe. Sun dried tomato tapenade or fresh pesto would be equally delicious substitutes for the bruschetta spread. To take a look at the recipe,
- 1/3 cup broken walnuts (optional)
- 8 1/2-inch thick slices country Italian bread
- 1/2 cup refrigerated bruschetta topper
- 2 Tbsp. mayonnaise
- 12 oz. sliced cooked peppered turkey breast
- 1 cup large spinach leaves
- Olive oil
- Preheat large skillet over medium heat. Add walnuts; cook and stir 2 minutes to toast. Remove from skillet; set aside.
- To assemble sandwiches, spread 4 bread slices with bruschetta topper and 4 slices with mayonnaise. On bruschetta slices layer walnuts, turkey, and spinach; top with mayo slices. Lightly brush sandwiches with olive oil.
- Place sandwiches in hot skillet; weight with additional skillet (add food cans for more weight). Grill 2 minutes; turn. Replace weight; cook 2 minutes more or until golden and hot.
- Main Dishes, Sandwiches
- North American