If your man's a fan of lamb, treat him to an early Valentine's Day dinner with this impressive yet uncomplicated meal. Lamb chops are seared in a saute pan and served on a bed of white beans and stewed tomatoes.
The final dish is juicy and delicious. Pair with a green salad, crusty bread for mopping the sauce, and a dry red Italian wine. Look at the recipe when you
- 8 lamb rib chops, cut 1 inch thick
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 19-ounce can cannellini beans (white kidney beans), rinsed and drained
- 1 cup canned Italian-style stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons snipped fresh rosemary
- Fresh rosemary sprigs (optional)
- Trim fat from chops. In a large skillet cook chops in hot oil over medium heat for 9 to 11 minutes for medium (160 degrees F), turning once. Transfer chops to a plate; keep warm.
- Stir garlic into drippings in skillet. Cook and stir for 1 minute.
- Stir in beans, undrained tomatoes, vinegar, and snipped rosemary. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, for 3 minutes.
- Spoon bean mixture onto four dinner plates; arrange two chops on each plate. If desired, garnish with rosemary sprigs.
- Main Dishes, Lamb