While everyone has purchased a rotisserie chicken or cooked chicken breasts from a market's deli, few people have applied the same technique to salmon fillets. However, most supermarkets carry a section with premade foods where cooked salmon is a staple.
Use the salmon to make this healthy meal in minutes. The flaked salmon is combined with a warm shallot buttermilk sauce before being placed on a bed of crisp arugula and crunchy potatoes. Sound enticing? Wait till you see the recipe:
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 small yellow-fleshed potatoes, such as Yukon Gold, scrubbed and cut into 1/8-inch slices
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 medium shallot, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 2 7-ounce cans boneless, skinless salmon, drained or 2 7-ounce cooked salmon fillets
- 4 cups arugula
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add potatoes and cook, turning once, until brown and crispy, 5 to 6 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate and season with 1/4 teaspoon salt; cover with foil to keep warm.
- Combine the remaining 1 tablespoon oil, 1/4 teaspoon salt, shallot and vinegar in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Remove from the heat and whisk in buttermilk.
- Place salmon in a medium bowl and toss with the warm dressing.
- Divide arugula among 4 plates and top with the potatoes and salmon.
NUTRITION INFORMATION: Per serving: 260 calories; 11 g fat (1 g sat, 5 g mono); 71 mg cholesterol; 15 g carbohydrate; 28 g protein; 2 g fiber; 708 mg sodium. Vitamin C (32% daily value), Vitamin A (9% dv), excellent source of omega-3s.
- Main Dishes, Fish