- 2 cups long-grain white rice
12 boneless, skinless chicken thighs (3 1/2 pounds total)
Coarse salt and ground pepper
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 cup dry white wine, such as Sauvignon Blanc
1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves, plus sprigs for garnish
1 box (10 ounces) frozen peas
1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- In a medium saucepan, cook rice according to package instructions. Spread 3 cups cooked rice on a rimmed baking sheet to cool; refrigerate for Chicken Fried Rice, up to 1 day. Cover remaining rice in pan to keep warm; set aside.
- While rice is cooking, season chicken with salt and pepper. In a 5-quart Dutch oven or heavy pot, heat oil over medium-high. Working in batches, cook chicken until browned, 4 to 5 minutes per side; transfer to a plate (reserve pot).
- Return chicken and any juices to pot; add wine and thyme. Bring to a boil; reduce to a simmer, and cook, partially covered, until chicken is opaque throughout, 10 to 15 minutes. Remove 4 chicken thighs; refrigerate for chicken fried rice, up to 1 day.
- Add peas and tomatoes to pot; cook, stirring occasionally, until tomatoes are softened, 4 to 5 minutes. Stir in lemon juice; season with salt and pepper. Serve chicken and vegetables over rice, garnished with thyme sprigs.
- Poultry, Main Dishes
- North American