- 1 large carrot, peeled
- 3 cups shredded napa cabbage, from 1 small cabbage
- 3 cups shredded romaine lettuce, from 1 small lettuce
- 1 small red bell pepper, seeded and deveined, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons fresh Thai basil leaves or fresh mint leaves, chopped
- 2 cups thinly sliced store-bought rotisserie chicken (about 2 small chicken breasts)
- 1/2 cup pine nuts
- 1 tablespoon toasted white or black sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup peanut or vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated sugar
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup chow mein noodles, for garnish
- For the salad: Using a vegetable peeler, shave the carrot and add to a large salad bowl. Stir in the cabbage, lettuce, pepper, Thai basil, chicken, almonds, and sesame seeds.
- For the dressing: In a small bowl, whisk together the oil, soy sauce, vinegar, and sugar until smooth. Season with salt and pepper, to taste, if using.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and toss well. Garnish with the chow mein noodles and serve.
Serves 4 to 6.
- Salads, Chicken
- Other Asian