This dish can be prepared 2 hours ahead and kept, covered, at room temperature.
- 1/2 cup assorted olives (I used a mix of dry-cured gaeta olives and marcona almonds)
- 3 fresh thyme sprigs
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1 (4- to 5-ounce) fresh goat cheese medallion, or 2 (2-ounce) goat cheese buttons
- Crackers, flatbread, or baguette slices, for serving
- Heat olives, thyme, oil, zest, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper in a small skillet or saucepan over low heat until fragrant; do not simmer. Cool to room temperature.
- Pour olive mixture over goat cheese, and serve with crackers, flatbread, or baguette slices.
- Other, Appetizers