- 1-1/2 cups long-grain rice
1-1/4 pounds ground chicken
2 scallions, chopped
2 tablespoons grated fresh ginger
2 tablespoons canola oil
1/2 pound snow peas, halved crosswise (3 cups)
1 cup frozen shelled edamame, thawed
1/2 cup low-sodium soy sauce
2 tablespoons brown sugar
- Cook the rice according to the package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the chicken, scallions, and ginger. Shape into 16 meatballs.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Cook the meatballs, turning, until cooked through, 10 to 12 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
- Wipe out the skillet. Heat the remaining oil over medium-high heat. Add the peas and edamame. Cook, tossing, for 2 minutes. Return the meatballs to skillet.
- In a small bowl, combine the soy sauce and sugar. Add to the skillet and simmer until slightly thickened, 2 to 3 minutes. Serve over the rice.
Nutritional information per serving: Calories 431, Fat 17g, Cholesterol 64mg, Carbohydrate 44g, Sodium 842mg, Protein 24g, Fiber 4g, Sugar 10g.
- Poultry, Main Dishes
- Other Asian