Get your Monday off to the right start by making a fast and simple chicken roast that'll also be a versatile add-in for meals later in the week. Buy twice the whole chicken needed for yesterday's meal and pan-roast the remaining chicken in a skillet until juicy and aromatic. Serve it alongside a simple salad and crusty baguette for a rustic meal. You can easily incorporate any of the leftover roast chicken on top of a Spring salad, in a hero sandwich for lunch, or a cheesy baked casserole. For the recipe, read on.
- 1 whole chicken
1/4 cup paprika
1 teaspoon garlic salt
1 teaspoon salt
3 lemons, sliced
- Preheat your oven to 425ºF.
- Slice the lemons and arrange in a single layer in a baking dish or skillet.
- Use a kitchen shears to cut away the backbone and open the chicken, pressing gently along the breastbone so it lays flat.
- Place on a plate and sprinkle with half the seasoning and rub into the chicken. Move onto the lemons and sprinkle with remaining seasoning.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until the internal temperature of the chicken is 165ºF. Tent with foil and let rest for 10 minutes before slicing.
- Serves 4.
- Poultry, Main Dishes
- North American