Tonight serve your loved ones a meal inspired by the classic steakhouse dinner of meat, potatoes, and wedge salad. The potatoes are roasted in the oven, while the ribeye steaks are seared on the grill. A quick but wildly flavorful salsa verde (a mixture of chives, capers, oregano, thyme, and garlic) coats the cooked and crispy potatoes. Serving the potatoes and steak on a bed of crunchy romaine lettuce makes this a balanced meal that's sure to be enjoyed by all.
Check out the recipe when you
- 2 lbs. small new Yukon Gold potatoes, halved or quartered
- 2 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1-1/2 to 2 lb. ribeye steaks, cut 1-inch thick
- 2 heads romaine lettuce
- 1/2 cup chopped Italian (flat-leaf) parsley
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons chopped chives
- 3 tablespoons drained capers
- 2 teaspoons chopped oregano
- 1 teaspoon chopped thyme
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 5 green onions, thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Place potatoes in a 15x10x1-inch baking pan. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon of the olive oil; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Toss to combine. Roast, uncovered, 50 to 60 minutes or until tender. Cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, brush remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil on steaks. Season with salt and pepper. For charcoal grill, grill steaks on rack of uncovered grill directly over medium coals, 10 to 12 minutes (145 degrees F for medium-rare), turning once. (For gas grill, preheat grill. Reduce heat to medium. Place steaks on rack over heat. Cover; grill as above.)
- Slice romaine into six 2-inch-thick slices, reserving tops for another use.
- In bowl combine parsley, 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil, chives, capers, oregano, thyme, and minced garlic. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place slice of romaine on each serving plate; drizzle; with 1/2 of the salsa.
- Toss warm potatoes with remaining sauce and green onions. Spoon onto romaine. Thinly slice steak and place on top of potatoes.
- Main Dishes
- North American