If you don't cook with lentils on a regular basis, you should start experimenting with them. The small legumes cook quickly, are filling, and can be served with everything from chorizo to arugula. Not to mention they're supposed to help you lose weight!
This recipe combines lentils with sweet potatoes, red pepper, and cauliflower. The exotically flavored dish is seasoned with coconut milk and red curry paste. It's a hearty and healthy vegetarian meal, so get the recipe now and
- 1 cup brown lentils, picked over and rinsed
- 1 can (14 oz) vegetable broth
- 1 cup canned lite coconut milk (not cream of coconut), stirred well before measuring
- 11⁄2 Tbsp red curry paste or 2 tsp red curry powder
- 3 cups fresh cauliflower florets
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled, cut in 3⁄4-in. chunks
- 1 red pepper, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup basil, finely shredded
- 1⁄4 cup cilantro leaves, finely chopped
- Mix lentils, broth, coconut milk and curry in a large saucepan. Simmer, covered, 15 to 20 minutes until lentils are almost tender.
- Place cauliflower, sweet potato and red pepper on lentils. Return to a simmer, cover and cook 10 to 12 minutes until vegetables and lentils are tender.
- Sprinkle servings with the basil and cilantro.
- Main Dishes, Beans
- Other Asian