- Flour for the work surface
- 1 pound refrigerated pizza dough
- Cornmeal for the pan
- 2 small leeks (white and light green parts), cut into thin strips
- 2 medium red potatoes (about 3/4 pound), thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- 1/4 cup grated Gruyère (1 ounce)
- 4 cups mixed greens
- Heat oven to 450° F. On a lightly floured surface, roll and stretch the dough into a ¼-inch-thick circle or rectangle.
- Sprinkle a baking sheet with cornmeal and place the dough on top.
- In a large bowl, combine the leeks, potatoes, thyme, 1½ tablespoons of the oil, ¾ teaspoon salt and ½ teaspoon pepper. Scatter the vegetable mixture over the dough and sprinkle with the Gruyère. Bake until the crust is golden and the potatoes are tender, 20 to 25 minutes. Cut into pieces.
- Drizzle the greens with the remaining 1½ tablespoons of oil and season with ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper. Serve with the flat bread.
- Main Dishes, Pizza