To optimize the sweet, roasted flavor, buy the seeds whole, dry-roast them in a sauté pan, and grind them using a spice grinder or a mortar and pestle. If LaClare Farms Evalon cheese is not available, then substitute it with another Gouda-style cheese or Parmesan.
- For dressing:
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon white balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt, to taste
- For salad:
- 1 five-ounce bag mixed greens, or a blend of baby spinach and arugula
- 4 ounces LaClare Farms Evalon aged goat cheese with fenugreek, sliced on a cheese peeler
- 4 small ripe peaches, cut into thin wedges
- Ground fenugreek, to taste
- In a small bowl, whisk together Dijon, honey, and vinegar. Slowly dribble in olive oil while whisking vigorously to emulsify oil and vinegar. Salt to taste.
- In a large salad bowl, combine salad greens and toss in dressing, one tablespoon at a time until leaves are lightly coated. Toss in cheese and peaches right before serving.
- Divide salad between four plates and garnish with extra cheese and peaches. Sprinkle a pinch of ground fenugreek on top of each plated salad.
Serves four as a side salad.
- Cheese, Salads