- Cornmeal (for sprinkling)
1 pound of packaged pizza dough
2 cups crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
10 fresh figs, cut into 1/4 inch wedges
8 thin slices of prosciutto
2 tablespoon olive oil
4 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
1 tablespoon cream
8 cups of arugula
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Sprinkle large rimless baking sheet generously with cornmeal. Roll out dough on floured work surface to 12x10-inch rectangle; transfer to prepared sheet.
- Sprinkle Gorgonzola over dough. Sprinkle with pepper.
- Place figs in medium bowl; drizzle 1 tablespoon vinegar over. Set aside.
- Bake pizza until crust is golden brown on bottom, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Immediately drape prosciutto slices over, covering pizza completely. Arrange fig slices atop prosciutto. Bake until figs are just heated through, about 2-3 minutes. Transfer pizza to cutting board.
- Whisk remaining vinegar, cream and oil in large bowl; add arugula. Sprinkle with salt and pepper; toss to coat. Mound salad atop pizza. Cut into pieces and serve.
Serves 2-4 people.
- Breads, Main Dishes, Pizza
- North American