- 1 lb. fresh tilapia or cod fillets
1/2 tsp. chili powder
1 lime, halved
1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
8 6-inch tostada shells
2 cups shredded cabbage mix
1 avocado, halved, seeded, peeled, and sliced (optional)
1 cup cherry tomatoes, quartered (optional)
Bottled hot pepper sauce (optional)
- Preheat broiler. Sprinkle fish with 1/4 teaspoon of the chili powder and 1/4 teaspoon salt.
- For chili-lime cream, in bowl squeeze 2 teaspoons juice from half the lime. Stir in sour cream, garlic powder, and remaining chili powder; set aside. Cut remaining lime half in wedges for serving.
- Place fish on unheated greased broiler rack; tuck under thin edges. Place shells on baking sheet on lowest rack. Broil fish 4 inches from heat 4 to 6 minutes per 1/2-inch thickness, until fish flakes with fork. Break in chunks.
- Serve tostadas with cabbage, chili-lime cream, avocado, tomatoes, lime, and pepper sauce.
- Main Dishes, Fish