- 2 recipes of your favorite sponge, white, or vanilla cake, baked in two 9-x13-inch sheet pans
- 4 half pints raspberries
- 2 half pints blueberries
- 4 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup sugar
- Make the cakes according to the directions. Cool completely.
- Wash the berries and dry thoroughly.
- With the whisk attachment of a standing mixer, whip together the cream, vanilla, and sugar until soft peaks form.
- Transfer half of the whipped cream to a large bowl. Carefully fold in half a pint of the blueberries and a half pint of the raspberries.
- Spread the berry whipped cream evenly over the top of one cake.
- Place the remaining cake on top of the smooth berry whipped cream. Cover the cake with the remaining plain whipped cream.
- In the top left hand quarter, place 50 blueberries in a square (7 across and 7 down, plus one extra stuck in there) and the raspberries in 13 rows across (if you can fit them!). Add sparkling candles and enjoy!
- Desserts, Cake
- North American
- Serves 10-12.