The bergamot vinaigrette used here can also be utilized on salads and raw vegetables.
- 2 tablespoons bergamot or lemon oil
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons blood orange juice reduction (1 cup of blood orange juice, reduced to 2 tablespoons)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon shallots, chopped
- 1 sprig thyme, leaves only, chopped
- 3/4 pound fluke fillet, skinned
- 1 avocado, peeled and diced into 1/4-inch cubes
- 3 French breakfast radishes, washed and thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup La Boîte Cancale N. 11 spice blend
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves, coarsely chopped
- Freshly-ground black pepper, to taste
- In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together the bergamot oil, olive oil, reduced blood orange juice, lemon juice, garlic, shallots, and thyme.
- Using a sharp knife, slice the fluke fillets into 1/8 inch slices. Divide the fluke slices in four and place them overlapping each other onto four serving plates.
- Garnish each plate with the avocado dice and radish slices.
- Drizzle the bergamot vinaigrette over the fish. Sprinkle the fish with the Cancale salt blend, cilantro, and black pepper.
- Seafood, Appetizers