The bergamot vinaigrette used here can also be utilized on salads and raw vegetables.
- 2 tablespoons bergamot or lemon oil
4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
2 tablespoons blood orange juice reduction (1 cup of blood orange juice, reduced to 2 tablespoons)
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 tablespoon garlic, chopped
1 tablespoon shallots, chopped
1 sprig thyme, leaves only, chopped
3/4 pound fluke fillet, skinned
1 avocado, peeled and diced into 1/4-inch cubes
3 French breakfast radishes, washed and thinly sliced
1/4 cup La Boîte Cancale N. 11 spice blend
1/4 cup cilantro leaves, coarsely chopped
Freshly-ground black pepper, to taste
- In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together the bergamot oil, olive oil, reduced blood orange juice, lemon juice, garlic, shallots, and thyme.
- Using a sharp knife, slice the fluke fillets into 1/8 inch slices. Divide the fluke slices in four and place them overlapping each other onto four serving plates.
- Garnish each plate with the avocado dice and radish slices.
- Drizzle the bergamot vinaigrette over the fish. Sprinkle the fish with the Cancale salt blend, cilantro, and black pepper.
- Seafood, Appetizers
- North American