Tangled Tree Tavern
It might feel like we've been waiting forever for Shanghai Disneyland to open its gates, but at long last, the time has finally come! The park has officially begun its soft opening, which means we can finally get a sneak peek into the brand-new Disney resort.
From a brand-new enchanted castle to exhilerating attractions, all the new info about the Shanghai park has us excited — but none more than the sneak previews of special, regional cuisine. The Disney park website has unveiled its descriptions of new park eateries, and many of the park's first visitors have uploaded choice Instagram snaps of the new grub spots.
Read on for the restaurants we're most excited to try based on Disney's vivid descriptions, then scroll through the slideshow for early snaps of Shanghai Disney's various culinary offerings.
10 Shanghai Disneyland Eateries We're Particularly Excited About
- Tangled Tree Tavern: "A tavern inspired by the Snuggly Duckling from Disney's Tangled — with roasted chicken, fish & chips, Mongolian-style beef, and other hot dishes."
- Wandering Moon Teahouse: "Steep your senses at this timeless teahouse infused with hot dishes like Wagyu beef noodle soup, Shanghai pork belly rice, Fujian seafood noodle, and food you'll only find in the Gardens of Imagination."
- Merlin's Magic Recipe: "Not far from Enchanted Storybook Castle, you'll surely come upon Merlin's Magic Recipe, where there's a touch of sorcery in everything they make — from savory puffs to Mickey and Minnie buns."
- Royal Banquet Hall: "Nestled in Enchanted Storybook Castle, an edible celebration awaits — from Lamb Pot Roast to Cinderella's Chocolate Slipper, each of our signature dishes fuses creative cookery with a dash of Disney magic." (Character dining available!)
- Il Paparino: "Cool off with soft-serve ice cream in a waffle cone or sundae, as brought to you by Donald — the most popular duck in Shanghai Disneyland. In the mood for something warm? Sink your teeth into fresh-made waffles shaped like popular Disney characters!"
- Remy's Patisserie: "Follow Remy inside this French-inspired bakery — based on the Disney/Pixar film Ratatouille — and indulge in a few of his favorite creations, each prepared to perfection: baked sweets, savory treats, sandwiches, cookies, cakes, tarts, and more."
- Barbossa's Bounty: "Set sail for the wildest restaurant at Shanghai Disneyland, with indoor seating featuring views of Pirates of the Caribbean Battle For the Sunken Treasure! Run by Captain Barbossa himself, this grog shop offers BBQ, seafood, and vegetarian fare — prepared in a spectacular live show kitchen."
- Aurora: "Welcome to the ultimate dining experience, where signature dishes and an elegant setting celebrate a meal of magical proportions. The sleek, sophisticated decor and upscale ambiance provide the perfect backdrop to epicurean excellence."
- Bacchus Lounge: "Satisfy cravings of mythological proportions with snack fare fit for a king — or a Greek god! Relax over cocktails and fine wines, or celebrate the day with High Tea pastries, savories, and high-end snack foods that will send your senses soaring."
- Lumiére's Kitchen: "Relish a dining experience replete with flavorful fare that dances off your plate! Decor inspired by Lumiére's celebrated scene in Beauty and the Beast evokes the animated film's singing spirit, but top billing goes to a buffet bubbling over with delectable dinner options fit for A-list appetites." (Character dining available!)