After the James Beards, the next most coveted award in the food industry is the title of Best New Chef. Each year, since 1988, Food & Wine has bestowed the honor on a different crop of young chefs. Among past honorees? Tom Colicchio, Rick Bayless, and Thomas Keller. Over the past couple of days, the magazine's editor in chief, Dana Cowin, tweeted 10 clues to declare the winners.
Tonight there's the formal announcement and blowout bash (which 50 Cent is rumored to be attending) honoring the Best New Chefs in New York City. To find out which lucky chefs made the cut — it's the first time a Top Chef contestant has been recognized! — read more.
- Ricardo Zarate, Mo-Chica; Los Angeles, CA
- James Lewis, Bettola; Birmingham, AL
- Joshua Skenes, Saison; San Francisco, CA
- George Mendes, Aldea; New York, NY
- Bowman Brown and Veit Pham, Forage; Salt Lake City, UT
- Jason Franey, Canlis; Seattle, WA
- Stephanie Izard, Girl and the Goat; Chicago, IL
- Bryce Gilmore, Barley Swine; Austin, TX
- Kevin Willmann, Farmhaus; Saint Louis, MO
- Carlo Mirarchi, Roberta's; Brooklyn, NY