A delicious and balanced cocktail doesn't need a lot of fancy ingredients. Take this recipe, for example, from San Francisco's Erick Castro. It involves gin, lemon juice, mint, and muddled berries. It's simple but absolutely sublime. In each sip you can taste the distinct ingredients. Even if you aren't normally a gin drinker, you'll enjoy this beverage. My guests loved it. Be sure to cheers to the Fourth! To make this for your friends and family, you'll need the recipe.
- 1 oz Fresh Lemon Juice
- 3 Fresh Raspberry and 3 Fresh Blueberries
- 4-6 Mint Leaves
- .75 oz Simple Syrup
- 2 oz Gin (recommended: Bluecoat)
- soda water
- Put the lemon juice, mint, and berries into mixing glass and lightly muddle.
- Add the simple syrup, gin, and ice. Shake vigorously.
- Fine-strain over the rocks into a double old-fashioned glass and top with a splash of soda. Garnish with lemon wheel and one raspberry.
Makes 1 cocktail.
- Drinks, Cocktails
- North American