Oatmeal is such a filling and healthy breakfast. That's why we partnered with Great Nations Eat for this post.
I love oatmeal in the morning and admit to making those minipacks where you just add boiling water. But after making frozen oats in muffin tins, I'm hooked. Top with your fresh fruit, nuts, and maple syrup, and all you need is a short visit to the microwave for a steamy, hot, delicious breakfast.
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup chopped nuts
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- Bring the water to a boil and add the salt, brown sugar, and oats. Stir until incorporated and let simmer for 2 minutes.
- Turn off heat and add the vanilla. Stir and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Lightly grease the muffin tin or use silicone liners for easy removal after the oats are frozen.
- Equally divide the oats between the muffin tins, then evenly distribute the nuts and blueberries.
- Drizzle each cup with maple syrup, then sprinkle with the cinnamon. Place in the freezer to set.
- To heat, remove an oatmeal cup from the freezer and place in a microwave-safe bowl. Heat on high for 3 to 5 minutes.
Want more muffin tin recipes? Click here for more.
- North American
- 6 cups
- Total Time
- 10 minutes