- 8 large eggs, lightly beaten
2/3 cup 1% buttermilk
Pinch of salt
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 loaf (one-pound) unsliced dense white bread (such as pullman), crusts removed and cut into 1-inch cubes
4 tablespoons unsalted butter
1/2 pint fresh blueberries
1/2 pint fresh raspberries
2 bananas, sliced
1 teaspoon confectioner's sugar
Blueberry sauce, for serving
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees. Place a rimmed baking sheet in the oven to warm. In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, buttermilk, salt, and vanilla. Stir in bread.
- In a large saute pan set over medium heat, melt 2 tablespoons butter. Place half of the bread mixture in pan; cook, turning occasionally with tongs, until browned on all sides. To keep warm, transfer to the oven. Cook remaining bread in the remaining 2 tablespoons butter as before.
- Thread bread cubes onto skewers alternating with blueberries, raspberries, and banana slices. Dust skewers lightly with confectioner's sugar. Serve drizzled with blueberry syrup.
- Breakfast/Brunch, French Toast
- North American