If you are unable to find white yams, regular yams can substitute.
- 2 pounds russet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-1/2-inch pieces
- 1 pound white yams, peeled and cut into 3-inch pieces
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 8 ounces fresh goat cheese
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup warm milk, if needed
- In a large saucepan, combine potatoes and yams. Pour cold water over the potatoes until just covered, and season liberally with salt. Bring potatoes to a boil, and cook until potatoes are fork tender, about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Drain potatoes, and place in a stand mixer fitted with a whisk attachment. Add garlic, butter, and goat cheese, and mix on low until smooth, being careful not to overmix or they will become gummy. If potatoes are dry, mix in warm milk, 1 tablespoon at a time, until potatoes come together. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Side Dishes, Potato
- North American
- Serves 6 to 8
- Cook Time
- 25 minutes