After ringing in Valentine's Day and Chinese New Year in a big way, I decided to celebrate the Winter Olympics. Unlike the rest of this month's holidays, it only comes once every four years! To commemorate the USA's first gold medal victory, I busted out the ingredients to make this cocktail, aptly dubbed The Gold Medal. Initially, I was wary of the Goldschlager — the last time I had it was freshman year of college, and it didn't go over well — and the unusual flavor profile of cinnamon, bitters, and lemon. But the result turned out to be surprisingly good. Make a winning cocktail when you read more.
- 1-1/2 ounces Goldschlager
- 1-1/2 ounce dark rum
- 1/4 ounce lemon juice
- 1-2 dashes orange bitters
- Ice cubes, for shaking and serving
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice.
- Add Goldschlager, rum, lemon juice, and orange bitters. Shake, then strain into an ice-filled lowball glass.
Makes 1 cocktail.
- Drinks, Cocktails
- North American