- 1 cup chopped avocado (about 1 avocado)
3 or 4 anchovy fillets or 1 1/2 to 2 teaspoons anchovy paste
2 small garlic cloves, chopped
2 scallions, chopped
1/4 cup white wine vinegar
1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
1/4 cup Greek yogurt
1/4 cup firmly packed basil, chopped
1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
1 tablespoon chopped tarragon leaves
Extravirgin olive oil, for making dressing, optional
- Add the avocado, anchovies, garlic, scallions, white wine vinegar, lemon juice, and Greek yogurt to a food processor or blender; process until relatively smooth. Add the basil, parsley, and tarragon; process until smooth. If too thick, thin it out with a glug of olive oil.
- Serve with crudités as a dip or thin out with olive oil to make a salad dressing.
- For dressing, add olive oil 1/4 cup at a time, processing constantly until the desired consistency is reached. Toss with salad greens.
Makes 1 1/2 cups.
- Condiments/Sauces, Dressings
- North American
- 1 1/2 cups dip