- 1 baguette, as thinly sliced as possible, on the bias
1/2-3/4 cups extra virgin olive oil
Freshly ground pepper
2 garlic cloves, optional
- Preheat the grill. It should be warm to medium heat, but not smoking hot as you don't want the bread to burn too quickly.
- Place the baguette slices in a single layer on a baking sheet. Brush with olive oil, sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Set the slices of bread on the grill and cook until bread is browned and crisp about 1-2 minutes per side. Pay attention, you don't want them to burn! If desired, rub with garlic.
- Transfer to a platter and enjoy immediately.
Makes 23-30 slices.
- Breads, Bread
- North American