With Labor Day just around the corner, Summer grilling is at its best. This recipe takes the versatile boneless chicken breast to new heights. Marinating chicken breast in Greek yogurt, spices, and soy sauce tenderizes the chicken while infusing flavor. The longer the chicken marinates, the more flavor, so try to marinate it for at least two hours and refrigerate overnight.
This is a great do-ahead recipe, so that when you're ready for dinner, all you have to do is make the skewers and fire up the grill. Include some fresh vegetables from the farmers market and chimichurri sauce for an extra fun meal to kick off the holiday!
Keep reading for the recipe.
Marinated Chili-Garlic Chicken Kebabs
2 pounds boneless chicken breast, cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
6 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 medium onion, finely chopped
1 cup nonfat or low-fat Greek yogurt
2 teaspoons chili powder
2 teaspoons soy sauce
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 teaspoon Spanish smoked paprika
2 zucchini, cut into 1-inch thick slices, halved
2 red bell peppers, cut into 1-inch squares
1 red onion, sliced
1 cup parsley, minced
1 scallion, minced
1 garlic clove, minced
1 seeded jalapeño pepper, minced
1 lime, juiced
1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a large bowl, mix together garlic, onion, Greek yogurt, chili powder, soy sauce, oregano, and smoked paprika.
- Coat chicken breast pieces with marinade and refrigerate for two hours overnight.
- Soak bamboo skewers in water for 30 minutes. Make skewers by alternating pieces of zucchini, chicken, red bell peppers, chicken, and onion on pre-soaked skewers.
- Spray grill grate with cooking spray. Grill until cooked through, turning pieces over to get color on both sides.
- Mix together chimichurri sauce ingredients. Serve with chicken kebabs.