- 1 1/2 cups coarse bread crumbs, toasted
2 cloves garlic, minced
3 tablespoons good olive oil
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
6 sun-dried tomato halves in oil, drained and coarsely chopped
1/2 cup chopped fresh basil leaves
1/4 cup toasted pine nuts
3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
24 littleneck clams, scrubbed clean
2 1/2 tablespoons melted butter
- Heat a gas grill or prepare a charcoal grill with hot coals.
- Combine the bread crumbs, garlic, olive oil, lemon juice, sun-dried tomatoes, basil, pine nuts, salt and pepper in a large serving bowl and set aside.
- When the grill is hot, place the clams in 1 layer on the hot grate and allow the heat to open the clams. They'll open gradually for about 5 minutes, then pop-open wide when they're done.
- Using tongs, remove the clams from the grill and place them in the bowl with the bread crumb mixture and toss together. Drizzle with the melted butter, and serve hot.
- Seafood, Appetizers
- North American