One of the things I love so much about summertime is spending evenings outside. The fact that it stays late until close to 8:30 p.m. makes me so happy. Matthew will usually grill, I'll make some cocktails, and we'll sit outside with Ginger under twinkly lights. Matthew grills up an awesome burger, but recently we started grilling pizzas. We love getting the pizza dough from Trader Joe's and making them in the oven, but during the Summer, it's just too hot to turn the oven on. We found out that grilling pizzas is just as easy, but a lot more fun! Check out three pizza recipes we made the other week. While you might be planning on grilling burgers for the Fourth of July, pizzas would be another great idea! I'm just sayin'!
Have you grilled pizzas before? Let me know about your favorite combos! I can't wait to try more on our next grilling night!
- Pizza dough: I got two packets of dough from Trader Joe's and split each into two sections for four total
- Toppings: Ricotta, cherry tomatoes, thyme, pesto, arugula, burrata, peaches, mushroom, white onion, rosemary
- Cook dough at high heat on a grill for 1 1/2 to 3 minutes per side. If you're adding toppings that need to be melted, cook on the second side for slightly less time.
- Ricotta and cherry tomato pizza: Top with ricotta cheese and season with salt and pepper. Add chopped cherry tomatoes, and drizzle olive oil on top. Sprinkle with thyme leaves.
- Burrata and peach pizza: Top with pesto, arugula, burrata and peaches. If you like, you can even grill the peaches!
- Mushroom, onion and fontina pizza: Top with shredded fontina cheese and cook for 3 minutes. Add mushrooms and onions that you've sautéed in butter and olive oil with rosemary. Top with more rosemary if you like!
- Main Dishes, Pizza
- 3 pizzas