- For red pepper sauce
- 1 1/2 pounds red bell peppers (about 3 large)
- 2 tablespoons drained capers
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 anchovies, drained, chopped
- 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
- For pork
- 1/2 cup fresh rosemary leaves (from about 2 large bunches)
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 6 large garlic cloves
- Peel from 1 orange (orange part only, removed in strips with vegetable peeler)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 pork tenderloins (they often come in packs of two)
- Make sauce: Char peppers directly over gas flame or in broiler until blackened on all sides. Enclose in paper bag 10 minutes. Peel and seed peppers. Transfer peppers to processor; using on/off turns, puree peppers coarsely. Transfer peppers to bowl. Mix in remaining ingredients. Season relish to taste with salt and pepper. Let stand 1 hour. Relish can be prepared 1 day ahead. Cover and refrigerate.
- Make pork: Combine rosemary, oil, garlic, orange peel strips, salt, and pepper in processor; blend until thick and almost smooth. Spread rosemary puree evenly over pork. Let stand for 1-2 hours.
- Light grill. Place the pork on the grill, and cook medium heat, turning occasionally, until pork is no longer pink and is cooked through, 15-20 minutes. Transfer pork to platter. Tent loosely with foil; let stand 10 minutes. Serve with red pepper sauce.
- Main Dishes, Pork
- North American