When it comes to Summer's stone fruits, don't be afraid to think beyond sweet preparations. In this recipe, ripe peaches are thrown on the grill and served alongside salmon and red onions.
As the peaches cook, they become juicy and caramelized. The final dish is drizzled with a gingery vinaigrette.
For the perfect midweek pick-me-up, serve this sophisticated Summer meal with a chilled glass of white wine. Check out the recipe.
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- kosher salt and pepper
- 4 6-ounce salmon steaks (about 1 inch thick)
- 2 medium red onions, cut into wedges
- 3 peaches, cut into wedges
- Heat grill to medium-high. In a small bowl, combine the vinegar, ginger, thyme, 3 tablespoons of the oil, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper; set aside.
- Season the salmon with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
- In a large bowl, gently toss the onions, peaches, the remaining 1 tablespoon of oil, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper.
- Grill the salmon and the onions, until the salmon is opaque throughout and the onions are tender, 5 to 6 minutes per side.
- After flipping the salmon, place the peaches on the grill and cook until tender, 3 to 4 minutes per side.
- Drizzle the salmon with the vinaigrette and serve with the onions and peaches.
- Main Dishes, Fish