- 1 teaspoon olive oil, plus more for oiling grill
1 thick slice sourdough bread
2 pints cherry tomatoes
1 large bunch broccoli rabe, thick ends trimmed
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
Salt and pepper to taste
1 tablespoon chopped basil
1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- Oil grill grates then preheat grill to medium heat. Brush bread lightly with oil and grill, flipping once, until just golden brown and toasted, 2 to 3 minutes total; set aside to let cool then tear into pieces and pulse in a food processor to make coarse crumbs.
- Meanwhile, run a knife down the center of any thick broccoli rabe stems while leaving the stems intact at the top, then thread tomatoes onto skewers.
- Grill tomatoes, turning occasionally, until charred in parts and very soft, 4 to 5 minutes total; set aside.
- Arrange broccoli rabe on grill horizontally (so that it doesn’t fall through the grates) and grill, turning often, until just charred in parts and tender, 4 to 5 minutes total.
- When just cool enough to handle, roughly chop broccoli rabe and transfer to a large bowl along with warm tomatoes, lemon juice, mustard, salt and pepper and toss gently to combine. Scatter toasted bread crumbs, basil and parsley over the top and serve.
- Vegetables, Salads
- North American