Earlier this week, I tipped you off to the winners of the Chocolate Adventure Recipe Contest, and while the top three spots do sound delicious, I was more intrigued by the runner-up. The name is Chocolate Ginger Delight, and it's a Guinness stout with sweetened condensed milk, ground ginger, and chocolate. Creator Karen Ariele Imm has really taken this pub favorite to a new level. If it sounds intriguing to you, get the recipe when you read more.
Chocolate Ginger Delight
1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
1 oz Scharffen Berger 62% semisweet chocolate
1/8 tsp ground ginger
12 oz cold Guinness brand stout
Shaved chocolate (for garnish)
- In a small, heavy-bottom sauce pan, over low heat, melt sweetened condensed milk and chocolate.
- Remove from heat and whisk in ginger.
- Place chocolate mixture into a medium-sized bowl. Set aside to let cool (between 5 and 10 minutes).
- Pour Guinness over the chocolate mixture and stir until well combined.
- Divide equally into two glasses.
- Garnish with shaved chocolate and serve.