One of the things I made on a recent Halloween TV segment are these bloody torture shots. (My daughter Coco named them by the way — and no she did not sample them first!) I thought it was a funny and appropriate name, because you could have far too many of them and then you would have bloody torture the next day . . .
So anyways, they make these really cool specialty ice cube/shot glasses that become solid ice and keep your shots ICY cold and perfect. I found them in my local Metropolitan Market grocery store, but I found similar options here and here too.
Then I had to come up with a delicious red cocktail to put inside of them.
. . . and YUM!!!!! A perfect drink if you ask me . . .
- 1 lime
- A small handful of mint leaves, crushed with your hand
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 cup pomegranate juice
- 1/2 cup vodka, chilled
- Make the ice shot glasses with a special mold, and put into freezer until frozen solid.
- Turn the shots out onto a serving platter or onto a sheet pan that can be left in the freezer until you are ready to use.
- In a cocktail shaker filled with ice, combine the juice of one lime, crushed mint, sugar, pomegranate juice, and vodka. Shake vigorously and then pour into ice shot glasses. Serve immediately.
- Drinks, Cocktails
- North American
- 8 shots