The other day I was browsing the YumSugar Community and I came across an interesting post titled The Best Ham Sandwich. Ever. I love ham sandwiches and couldn't help but click through to see the story. Turns out Fuzzles was sharing a recipe in the Kitchen Goddess group.
Fuzzles' hysterical and engaging description of the best ham sandwich she has ever eaten (the thing that makes it so scrumptious is a special cherry mustard) made me want to go home and try it immediately. It took me a couple of weeks, but I finally made it, and let me tell you, Fuzzles was right!
This sandwich is absolutely amazing. The cherry mustard is tangy and sweet and the combination of ham with brie is delightfully French. I plan on enjoying it all week with ham leftover from Easter. To check out my recipe that's based on Fuzzles' story,
- 2 tablespoons cherry preserves
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 whole wheat croissant, sliced in half (or any other bread)
- 4-6 slices smoked ham, thinly sliced
- sliced brie
- 1/2 cup baby spinach
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- In a small bowl, combine the preserves with the mustard.
- Spread the cherry mustard on both slices of bread. On one slice top with 2-3 pieces of ham, the cheese, and then the rest of the ham.
- This sandwich is delicious both hot and cold. If desired, heat in a panini press. Once cooked, open the sandwich and add the spinach, salt, and black pepper. Alternately, top the cold ham and brie with spinach, cover with a slice of bread and enjoy.
Makes 1 sandwich.
- Main Dishes, Sandwiches
- North American