Besides the requisite cup of coffee, my favorite brunch drink is the Bloody Mary. But after trying the Bloody Maria, I think I may need to reconsider.
A Bloody Maria is essentially a Bloody Mary made with tequila instead of vodka. While vodka is essentially flavorless, tequila packs a toasted, oaky, tart punch, adding even more kick to a drink that's already full of hot and tart flavors.
I love bold food and drink, so I thought this was absolutely delicious. Hail Maria, full of taste!
To get the recipe,
- 3 ounces tequila
- 1 1/2 cups tomato juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon hot sauce
- In a small pitcher, combine all the ingredients. Stir well.
- Pour into 2 tall glasses with about 1/2 cup ice each.
Makes 2 cocktails.
- Drinks, Cocktails