Meet the guavarita, the rosy-hued cousin of the classic margarita. Made with a splash of guava nectar, this cocktail is refreshing and slightly sweet. If you find margaritas too potent, give this variation a shake.
The guava juice balances the sometimes overwhelming flavor of tequila. Since the tequila was subdued, I found the salted rim unnecessary. When I made round two, I left the rim alone. To look at the recipe,
- 1 lemon wedge and salt
- 2 ounces blanco tequila
- 1/2 ounce triple sec or Cointreau
- 1 ounce guava nectar
- 1/2 ounce fresh lime juice
- 1/4 ounce simple syrup
- If desired, moisten half of the outer rim of a martini glass with the lemon wedge and coat lightly with salt.
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice.
- Add all of the remaining ingredients and shake well.
- Strain into prepared glass.
Makes 1 cocktail.
- Drinks, Cocktails