Although we are almost at the end of December, I highly recommend you wannabe mixologists make a cocktail entitled November. Created by Scott Baird, a dear friend, owner of 15 Romolo, and one of San Francisco's foremost bartenders, this concoction won the Nirvino Navan cocktail competition at Swig.
If you've never tried Navan, a natural vanilla liqueur, get your hands on a bottle stat! It's a great mixing liquor that can be used in both sweet and savory applications. This well-balanced, delicious cocktail balances out the Navan with a smoky scotch, while apple juice adds freshness.
To look at the recipe and check out a fabulous exclusive video of the bearded Baird making the cocktail,
- 3⁄4 oz. Navan Natural Vanilla Liqueur
- 1⁄2 oz. Benedictine
- 1 1⁄4 oz. cognac
- 1⁄2 oz. fresh lemon juice
- 1 oz. unsweetened apple juice
- 1/8 oz. Scotch (recommended: Laphroaig)
- Dash of Fee Bitters
- Dash of cinnamon tincture
- 1 1⁄2 oz. dry apple cider
- Lemon Twist
- Combine Navan, Benedictine, cognac, lemon juice, apple juice, scotch, bitters, tincture, and ice in a cocktail shaker.
- Shake for 10 seconds and strain into a Collins glass.
- Add apple cider and fill to the top with ice.
- Finish it off with a twist of lemon.
Makes 1 drink.
- Drinks, Cocktails