In my opinion, tequila is an underrated liquor. I usually only use it to make margaritas or take shots. However, I've recently decided to experiment with the Mexican spirit in other drinks, like the cocktail seen here. This recipe was surprisingly refreshing and not too strong. With chunks of fresh pineapple and a slight fizz, it tasted like a tequila sangria. This sensational concoction is wonderful on a warm afternoon. I definitely plan on making it again, perhaps as an alternative to margs at my next fiesta. To see how I made it,
- 1 cup chopped fresh pineapple
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint
- 10 ounces white tequila
- 12 ounces fresh pineapple juice
- 12 ounces lemon-lime soda
- Crushed ice
- Combine pineapple and mint in a pitcher, muddle. Add the tequila, pineapple juice, and lemon-lime soda.
- Serve over crushed ice and garnish with fresh mint leaves.
- Drinks, Cocktails