If you want to get healthy in the New Year but still follow your resolution to Power Foods, is chock-full of folic acid, soluble fiber, and monounsaturated fatty acids.
Boost your breakfast when you read on. Power Foods: 150 Delicious Recipes With the 38 Healthiest Ingredients by the Editors of Whole Living Magazine
- 1 ripe, firm Hass avocado
- 1/2 cup (about 4 ounces) drained silken tofu
- 1 cup unsweetened pear juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups ice cubes
- Cut avocado in half lengthwise; remove pit, then score flesh into cubes. With a large spoon, scrape flesh into a blender.
- Add tofu, pear juice, honey, and vanilla, and puree until smooth. Add ice; blend until smooth.
- Divide among four glasses, and serve.
Nutritional information per serving: 164 calories, 1.1 g saturated fat; 5.8 g unsaturated fat; 0 mg cholesterol; 23.3 g carbohydrates; 2.3 g protein; 6.5 mg sodium; 3.8 g fiber.
- Drinks, Smoothies
- North American