Ingrid Nilsen, aka Missglamorazzi, cooks up salmon burgers on today's episode of Ingrid Dishes. A lightened-up alternative to a hamburger, the recipe is easy enough for a weeknight meal or for entertaining friends on the fly.
- 2 (6-ounce) cans salmon
- 2 eggs
- 1 egg white
- 2 slices brown rice bread, toasted, and blended for breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons garlic, chopped
- 2 teaspoons shallot, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- Pinch red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Gluten-free hamburger buns, toasted
- Soy-free Vegenaise
- Baby arugula
- In a medium bowl, combine salmon, a few tablespoons of breadcrumbs, eggs, egg white, parsley, lemon juice, onion, garlic, shallot, basil, mustard, and red pepper flakes. Fold in more breadcrumbs until mixture is dry enough to form into patties. Form 4 palm-sized patties.
- Heat oil in a pan over medium heat. When pan is hot, add patties and cook about 5 minutes on each side until golden brown.
- Spread Vegenaise on toasted buns. Add burger, and top with pinch of arugula.
- Main Dishes
- North American
- 4 burgers