- 1 1/2 cups flour (can replace up to half of this with whole-wheat flour)
1 teaspoon salt
3/4 teaspoon active dry yeast
1/2 cup lukewarm water (may need up to 1 or 2 tablespoons more)
1 tablespoon olive oil
- Preheat your oven to 450°F.
- Stir dry ingredients, including yeast, in a large bowl.
- Add water and olive oil, stirring mixture into as close to a ball as you can.
- Dump all clumps and floury bits onto a lightly floured surface and knead everything into a homogeneous ball.
- Knead it for just a minute or two. Lightly oil the bowl where you had mixed it. Dump the dough in and turn it over so all sides are coated. Cover it in plastic wrap and leave it undisturbed for an hour or two, until it has doubled in size.
- Dump it back on the floured counter and gently press the air out of the dough with the palm of your hands. Fold the piece into an approximate ball shape and let it sit under that plastic wrap for 20 more minutes.
- Lightly oil a baking sheet.
- Roll out the pizza, toss on whatever toppings and seasonings you like.
- Bake it for about 15 minutes until the crust begins to blister and the cheese is bubbly.
- Main Dishes, Pizza
- North American
- Makes 1 thin-crust pizza