- 2 cups all-purpose flour, plus more for work surface
3 tablespoons coarsely chopped fresh thyme, plus small sprigs for garnish
1 teaspoon sugar
3 tablespoons cold unsalted butter, cut into pieces
1 cup heavy cream
1 large egg white, lightly beaten
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Pulse the flour, thyme, 1 1/2 teaspoons salt, and sugar in a food processor until combined.
- Add butter; pulse until mixture resembles coarse meal. With machine running, add cream; process until dough forms.
- On a lightly floured surface, briefly knead dough. Divide into 4 pieces; shape into rectangles. Wrap each in plastic; refrigerate until firm, about 30 minutes.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out 1 piece of dough into a very thin rectangle. Transfer to a baking sheet. Score the dough into 4-by-2-inch diamonds. Brush with egg white, and sprinkle with salt. Garnish each diamond with a thyme sprig. Repeat with remaining dough.
- Bake until golden brown and crisp, 15 to 20 minutes. Let cool on a wire rack. Break diamonds into individual crackers.
Makes about 4 dozen.
- Snacks, Crackers
- North American