Candy dots are cute, colorful, and complicated to make, right? Wrong! While the first two are undeniably true, these whimsical candies are actually a great project for beginners and experienced cooks alike. Essentially, if you've made royal icing (and played around with piping it onto cookies and cakes), you've got the basic technique down pat. Watch the video to see just how easy the process is.
- 2 egg whites
- 3 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoons almond extract
- 6 tablespoons water
- Food coloring
- Cut white paper into 12 2-by-11-inch strips.
- Into a stand mixer, add egg whites, powdered sugar, and almond extract; mix to combine. Add water and mix for 8-10 minutes, or until stiff.
- Divide frosting into 4 bowls and add food coloring. Place each color into a ziplock bag, and snip off the corner with scissors to create a piping bag.
- Pipe dots onto white paper strips. Let harden overnight, or at least 8 hours.
- Desserts, Candy
- 30 sheets