- 12-oz 3⁄4-in.-thick sirloin steak
1⁄2 a 1-lb loaf French bread, split
Garlic-flavor cooking spray
1⁄2 tsp salt
1⁄2 tsp pepper
2 cups ripe tomato chunks
2 bags (6 oz each) baby spinach trio (baby spinach, arugula and carrots), or 2 bags (6 oz each) baby spinach
1⁄2 cup sliced onion
1⁄2 cup crumbled blue cheese
1⁄2 cup olive oil & vinegar dressing
- Heat outdoor grill or stovetop ridged grill pan. Coat steak and cut surfaces of bread with garlic spray; sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Grill steak, turning once, 6 minutes, or until an instant-read thermometer inserted from side to middle registers 155°F. Remove to a cutting board, cover loosely with foil and let rest. (Temperature of steak will continue to rise to 160°F for medium doneness.)
- Meanwhile, grill bread, cut sides down, 2 minutes, or until lightly toasted.
- Cut bread in chunks; thinly slice steak. Combine in a bowl with remaining ingredients; toss to mix.
- Meats, Salads