While I've had the classic pairing of pork and apples, and the more unconventional combination of pork and peaches, I've yet to try pork with melons. However, this enticing recipe brings the two ingredients together expertly with Jamaican jerk seasoning and honey.
One can only imagine that the spices provide a nice heat and the honey adds a subtle sweetness. Serving this meal on skewers appeals to children and makes it fun to eat, so get the recipe when you
- 1-1/2 pound boneless pork tenderloin, cut into 1-1/2-inch cubes
- 2 small red onions, quartered lengthwise
- 2 tablespoons roasted peanut oil or peanut oil
- 4 teaspoons Jamaican jerk seasoning
- 1/4 of a small honeydew melon, cut into 2-inch cubes
- 1/2 of a small cantaloupe, cut into 2-inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Toss pork cubes and onion with oil and jerk seasoning in a medium mixing bowl until evenly coated. Thread eight 12-inch skewers alternately with pork, onion, honeydew, and cantaloupe pieces.
- Place pork skewers on the lightly oiled of the grill directly over medium heat.
- Grill for 18 to 24 minutes or until pork is cooked through and no pink remains. Remove from grill; brush with honey.
- Main Dishes, Pork