To make kaffir-lime-infused cachaca, combine 1 bottle cachaca with 20 grams kaffir lime leaves for up to 24 hours, tasting periodically for flavor. Basil, sage, or tarragon also make a nice alternative.
- 1 ounce kaffir-lime-leaf-infused cachaca
- 3/4 ounce freshly squeezed lime juice
- 3/4 ounce simple syrup
- 1 cup crushed ice, divided
- Sugarcane (optional), for garnish
- 2 lime wedges, for garnish
- Kaffir lime leaf, for garnish
- Combine first three ingredients into glass with half of the crushed ice; stir vigorously with a bar spoon. Top with more crushed ice. Garnish with sugarcane, two lime wedges, and a spanked kaffir lime leaf; serve immediately.
- Drinks, Cocktails
- Makes 1 drink