Pure Leaf Iced Tea asked me to come up with a smoothie that was inspired by the farmers market. I wanted it to be seasonal, local, really nutritious, and packed with naturally derived sweetness. I added bananas, dates, ginger, and lemon to balance out the cantaloupe and the kale and to give it a round finish.
- 1 cup ripe cantaloupe, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup kale, stemmed and coarsely chopped
- 2 teaspoons flaxseeds or flaxseed meal
- 1 ripe banana, peeled
- 1/2 cup Medjool dates, quartered
- 1 cup unsweetened black tea, like Pure Leaf
- 1 teaspoon fresh grated ginger
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup ice
- Place all ingredients in a blender and puree on high speed until smooth, about 2 minutes. Serve cold.
- Drinks, Smoothies
- Serves 2
- Cook Time
- 5 minutes