Inspired by ingredients at her local farmers market, Ingrid Nilsen, aka Missglamorazzi, came up with the recipe for this tempting avocado-, chicken-, and clementine-topped kale salad. Watch the video to see how it's made.
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken tenders
- Garlic seasoning
- Neutral oil, such as canola
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Balsamic vinegar, to taste
- 1 tablespoon raspberry preserves
- 2 tablespoons water
- Dash of salt
- Dash of pepper
- 3 cups red chard, ribs removed and torn into bite-size pieces
- 3 cups baby spinach
- 3 cups baby arugula
- 1/2 an avocado
- A few clementines, segmented
- Season chicken with garlic seasoning, and place in a hot, lightly oiled pan. Cook for 7 to 10 minutes, or until chicken is done, flipping once.
- While chicken is cooking, combine olive oil, balsamic vinegar, raspberry preserves, water, salt, and pepper. Adjust to taste.
- Add the greens to a large bowl, and toss with the raspberry dressing.
- Cut chicken into strips, and add to salad.
- Scoop the avocado out in chunks. Add the avocado chunks and clementine segments to the salad.
- Salads, Main Dishes
- North American
- 2 servings