- 1/2 prepared Butter Cookie Dough, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- Egg wash (egg white plus 1 teaspoon water mixed together)
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- powdered sugar, for dusting
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In bowl of a standing electric mixer, beat together prepared dough, cocoa powder and white chocolate chips until combined well. Form dough into 1-inch balls.
- Brush egg wash on to each butter ball and coat with flaked coconut. Arrange about 3/4 inch apart on baking sheets.
- Bake cookies in batches in middle of oven until just firm and beginning to brown, about 15minutes, and cool on baking sheets 5 minutes.
- Dust butter balls with powered sugar after cooled. Cookies may be stored between layers of wax paper in airtight containers up to 6 weeks frozen.
Makes about 6 dozen.
- Desserts, Cookies