- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 3/4 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- ½ cup slivered almonds
- 1 1/2 teaspoons freshly grated orange zest
- 1/2 prepared Butter Cookie Dough, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In bowl of a standing electric mixer beat cranberries, oats, almonds and zest into basic dough until just combined well. Form dough into 1-inch balls and roll balls in sugar to coat.
- Arrange balls 2 inches apart on baking sheets and flatten to 2-inch rounds with bottom of a glass.
- Bake cookies in batches in middle of oven until pale golden, about 12 minutes, and cool on racks. Cookies may be stored between layers of wax paper in airtight containers up to 6 weeks frozen.
Makes about 6 dozen.
- Desserts, Cookies